Share | 

Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xx DYNA5TY xX

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:29 pm

After around 25+ hours of work its finally done!!! (keep in mind that im kinda slow at forging)
All the things you loved about Team Fortress 2 is now on Halo!!!!
play as a scout, sniper, heavy, demoman, or spy!
8-16 players
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive been toying around with this idea for about a month but recently i played "The Last Level" (link's not on me at the moment) and its use of classes finally pushed me into doing it.

1 hour figuring out which classes to use (because of the five class limit; see pic;)
5 hours working on the map
15+ hours working and testing gametypes and equaling out the classes and levels to give each their advantages and disadvantages

Base traits-150% damage resistance, 150% gravity, primary-magnum, NO WEAPON PICKUP (get to that later..)

Class breakdown-
Scout- mauler(s), powerdrain/bubbleshield, custom powerup (50% damage resistance but 200% speed and 50% gravity (the "double jump" for those whove played the game))
Sniper- sniper rifle, deployable cover, spiker(s)
Heavy- machine gun turret (dismounted off course), overshield
Demoman- brute shot, smg(s), trip mine, two spike grenades
Spy-sword, flare, invisible (i placed the recieving teleporter of the spy just right so the invisible will last just long enough to get to the other teams base and get behind them)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!
at the beginning of a match (doesnt matter which type) EVERYONE will die
This is because in the REspawn settings i made weapon pickup ON for 10 seconds (just enough time to choose your class and get the weapons)(if you dont know what class your gonna do when you spawn, your most likely gonna be stuck with a pistol for that life...)
I did so that you couldnt mix classes while in the game (machine gun turret at 200% speed....yeah..)
but since it is REspawn settings, i had to make everyone die before the weapon pickup would come into effect
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gametypes
Territories
Capture the Flag
Assault

P.S. that soccer ball thing is so that spies wont get a shortcut through without being hurt a little (however if your lucky you can get through without damage) and i got the idea of the soccer ball from a map i played at a friends house so if you know what map that comes from please tell me or link because i dont want to be accused of stealing it

Oh and ive only played it with six people so please tell me how it goes with larger groups
Looking forward to your reviews!!!

~xX Dyna5ty Xxxxx

Team Fortress 2

Gametype links on map MUST USE GAMETYPE!!! link

Pics

both spawns

part of the map

example of a class (this is demoman)

Last edited by on Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilExo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Good job, you embedded screens!
I'm downloading, looks really cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/join_tha_today/group/joingroup.asp
oTACTITIONo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Sounds pretty confusing, good job thinking outside of the box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx DYNA5TY xX

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:18 pm

yeah..im guessing it got confusing when i tried discussing the kill everyone at beginning yeah its hard to explain but youll understand once you play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omar rodrigo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:10 pm

looks really cool

i can't DL it now but i will
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Explosiveegg

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 am

looks fun. ill download, but what happens for the medic lovers =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!   

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress 2 gameplay Halo style!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProForge :: General :: Maps :: Remakes-
Jump to: