Share | 

Halo: Book Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stewie2552

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Halo: Book Review   Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:00 pm

Well I've been busy reading the series of Halo books because I heard they were very good! So a month ago, i picked up, "Ghosts of Onyx" by Eric Nylund and haven't read it until last week. As soon as I was done with the first section (not chapter) I couldn't stop. It was fantastic. I ended up reading till three AM on a Wednesday. It is filled with action, sadness, and a sense of mystery unsolved to the very end. Set in the year 2552, it is fantastic read. 5/5. Hope you enjoy!

After "Ghosts of Onyx", I went to Borders and picked up "The Fall of Reach" by Eric Nylund. I finished it in 4 days. I couldn't put it down often reading for four hours straight. On Monday, I read it for over 6 hours because I was sick and I didn't go to school. I finished it today. Although it says the Fall of Reach, it doesn't even happen till the very last 90 pages, but it sums up how the Covenant was discovered, and all the events leading up to the first Halo game. Yes, eve and in-depth story what Capt. Keyes meant by, "All I need to know is did we lose them?" Another fanstastic read, 5/5 again due to its non-stop action. It is very descriptive and covers all scopes of the war, not just with the Covenant.

Today, I picked up, "Contact Harvest" by Bungie Employee Joseph Staten. He worked on the story line for all the games and is secretly working on the new series, yes there is going to be another series of halo games!!!!!! "Contact Harvest" takes place in 2524 in a planet called Harvest, a farm colony that is on the edge of human controlled space, but they tresspassed on Holy Ground, the ground of the Covenant and they temped them into a war. A UNSC freighter finds the first ships and can only say, "......." I haven't read it yet but it sounds fantastic and I can't wait. It doesn't follow the SPARTANS, but the marines.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanboythoughts.com
oTACTITIONo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Book Review   Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Ok, I have a lot to say about this topic because I LOVE the books. It made me appreciate the games so much more because I knew how the Master Chief started and what he had to go through.

1. Stew...READ THE BOOKS IN ORDER! If you read them out of order it gets all jumbled up, although Contact Harvest doesn;t connect with the other stories.
The series is:
-Fall of Reach
-The Flood (Book all about Halo 1)
-First Strike
-Ghosts of Onyx
-Contact Harvest
2. I think Fall of Reach is the best by a long shot because it tells you all of the things that made John into the Master Chief. I got a whole new perspective of the game afer I read it. It's also really sad to read about...
Spoiler:

2. I found the plot line of Ghosts of Onyx to be a little haywire and cliche, but it still had lots of really awesome parts to it. Such as the MC being re-united with some of his peeps (read to find out O.o!!)
3. Contact Harvest was amazing because I really wanted to read a book about the marines involved. Which basically means that I wanted a story about Sgt. Avery Johnson...we all know that he is the only legitimate marine in the game. lol!
Although I liked the plot, and the first contact with the Covenant...it just wasn't as good without the Chief. Still a great read though.
4. The books also include amny side characters that you never hear about in the game, some of the chapters even put you in the minds of the covenant!!
5. All of the books are great, I just like to criticize them because I'm lame like that.

Most recent Photoshop project:

Feel free to PM me if you want me to make a custom signature for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceIsNice
Private
Private

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Book Review   Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:50 pm

Sounds cool, I'll have to check them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marian33

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Book Review   Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 pm

I have read a book of Eric Nylund but it's not the "Ghosts of Onyx". What I read were the "The Flood; First Strike; The Fall of Reach". They comprised a book set given by my sister. I love playing the halo games in my computer but since I had such books, I couldn't help but read them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Book Review   

Back to top Go down

Halo: Book Review
Page 1 of 1