HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mfaulk80

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Element remade

Click here to download new updated version!

Edit: I'm looking to change 3 things to this map, but I'd love some feedback
1 - Change the sword to rockets
2 - Make the shotties Zero re-load
3 - Delete the turret and barrel thats next to it
Please let me know.

This map has been re-made as of February 14th.

Vantage Point (Element remade)

The following description is for the first version. I'll get a more accurate description up, but basically its an asymmetric map compatible with slayer, CTF, and Oddball. I've made significant updates to this map again. I deleted the dreaded 'suicide box' that was highly unpopular, and made jumping off of the "map" a little less harsh while still making it an area to avoid. There have been significant changes with weapon balance. Many of the power weapons/items have been deleted in order to make this a more tactical map. Each side has a shotgun, and there is a central sword and sniper, but otherwise its standard weapons with plenty of battle rifles. The invis and overshield have been deleted, and respawn times have been adjusted.I've given the attacker's base more protection in order to balance the two bases, and made some minor changes to smooth gameplay, and give more ledges, etc. throughout the map.

These pictures are for the first version. I'll get up some new pics within the week, but it does give you a decent idea of the map despite the changes....
Click here for pics

Recommended 2-10 players

Supports Slayer, CTF, and Oddball game types.

This is a brand new map utilizing the new unlimited budget glitch for Foundry. I've probably spent 25-30+ hours on this thing, and cycled through several prototypes. It has two tower/bases with multiple access points, and a third platform connected to a base via a bridge. The bases are connected via a lower open area, or a series of tunnels underneath. There are several drop down shortcuts and ledges to surprise people with, and wide open areas as well. The weaponset is similar to the Pit, but the maps were originally inspired by Lockout. I've attempted to create a mechanism which mimics a floating base somewhat. The current map is open to tweaks.

All of the following pics are of the old version, but they still give a good idea of the map. I'll put up new pics as soon as I can.

Overview
Overview #1

Overview
Overview #2 from the opposite corner

Element - View from Open Base
View across the board from the 'Open Base' side. You can see a fair amount of fusion coils on the opposite side, and while it looks cool, I'm thinking about deleting some of these but would like some feedback first.

Duel man cannons to Open Base platform
Duel mancannons up to the 'Open Base' platform. Again, with fusioncoils....

Closed Base as viewed from side
Side view of 'Closed Base'. You can access the base from the side here, or from the back tunnel entrance via grav lifts.

Back entrance to Closed Base
Entering from the back tunnel entrance.

Shortcut dropdown
One of several drop-through shortcuts

View of turrett platform, connected to Open Base
Center turret platform thats accessed from below via a mancannon, or a bridge from the 'Open Base.'

Close up of turret
Close up of turret.

View of bridge connecting turret platform and Open Base
View of bridge connecting turret platform and 'Open Base.'

Underground
Underground - Everything on the board is also connected by a series of pathways underneath the relatively open center.

Element - View of center from Open Base
View of the center from 'Open Base'

Element - View of Open Base from center
View of 'Open Base' from center

Dropping down to underground from Closed Base
Dropping down to underground from 'Closed Base.'

Last edited by mfaulk80 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:47 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omar rodrigo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:43 pm

i have saw the pics and they look really cool but you should place them here instead of the link, you can ask for help to almost anyone or take a look to this guide:

GUIDE

Great map Smile

just a tip to make it look better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mfaulk80

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Just added the link to download (oops), and I'll get the pics up like Omar suggested tonight if I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlExThEgReAt22
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:33 am

looks great Qued
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://proforge.forumotion.com
EvilExo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:48 am

Did you use my unlimited bugdet pre-glitched map?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/join_tha_today/group/joingroup.asp
GLoRY GuNz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Looks sweet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mfaulk80

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Actually, I'm not sure. I guess I should look into that, and thank the person. It was from Forgehub, so if that was you, then thank you....seriously.

Edit:
So, it looks like it was Blazen Nite. But, anyone who goes through the trouble of creating the unlimited budget maps deserves some credit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mfaulk80

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:57 am

So...when I went to add Capture the Flag, Oddball, etc., I realized that a few key pieces of the map were set to not spawn right away (particularly the Open Base platform). So, for those who've downloaded it, please let me know if this is true. Everything appeared normal under 'all gametypes,' but if I switched to anything else (including slayer) those items didn't spawn immediately. Let me know if that's whats happening when you DL it. Anyway, the map is being updated and I'll post it tomorrow. I fixed that glitch, made it playable with all gametypes, and made some minor changes (like deleting a handful of fusion coils).

Edit: After talking to some people who've DL'd it, there isn't a glitch....so feel free to DL it. I will be updating it soon with the new game types though.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oTACTITIONo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks for adding the pics man. I can see u spent a lot of time on this map

Qued
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mfaulk80

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:46 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mfaulk80

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:53 pm

I've made significant updates to this map again. I deleted the dreaded 'suicide box' that was highly unpopular, and made jumping off of the "map" a little less harsh while still making it an area to avoid.

There have been significant changes with weapon balance. Many of the power weapons/items have been deleted in order to make this a more tactical map. Each side has a shotgun, and there is a central sword and sniper, but otherwise its standard weapons with plenty of battle rifles. The invis and overshield have been deleted, and respawn times have been adjusted.

I've given the attacker's base more protection in order to balance the two bases, and made some minor changes to smooth gameplay, and give more ledges, etc. throughout the map.

The pics are all old, but I'll be getting new ones up soon.

Please DL, and let me know what you think. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.   

Back to top Go down

NEW! Vantage Point - Element remade: Unlimited budget, asym.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProForge :: General :: Maps :: Fighting Maps-
Jump to: